CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, May 24, 2008

How it All Began.....

This whole home redecorating process began back in 2006 - November 3, 2006 to be exact. Countless hours of watching Trading Spaces and HGTV had my head spinning with ideas of what I could do to this house.....mostly by way of new paint on the walls. But is wasn't until Cindy came into town one November weekend, that my plan was put in motion. I told Cindy about my ideas, she got excited and said, "Let's go buy paint right now!" And so we did.

It started with a little paint - a dark brown and light brown in the entry way and front room. Harmless right? No....it created a home decorating monster!!! From there it turned into new furniture for those rooms and fun accessories. Then my sights turned to the kitchen where I painted and got new furniture and more accessories. Next I tackled the bathroom and then onto the master bedroom. Last but not least was the office. Somewhere during the process we got rid of the ceiling to floor church curtains and replaced them with nice honeycomb blinds (or whatever you call them). A month or so ago the real magic happened that brought all of the redecorating together.......NEW CARPET!!! The new carpet ties it all together and brings my redecorating to a triumphant end.

Of course there will always be new and fun accessories to get and started projects to finish but for now......I am done. Hope you enjoy the pictures as much as I enjoy living in this cute house!


4 comments:

Brea said...

How exciting~ I am so glad you did a blog of your "new" house!! The whole house looks AMAZING!! You sure have been busy! I love your taste in style and the colors you have picked!!

Laurie said...

Becca, I LOVE THE HOUSE!!!! It looks so great! And how fun for you, to have the remodel project! I love all the colors, love the paint ...and I'm so coveting the new carpet. It looks absolutely delicious... Congratulations, and good job! :)

Rina said...

Holy cow! The place looks awesome. You've done a great job Becca. I wish I could come see it in person. Have you decorated the mural with any new pictures yet?

Cherish said...

WOW! I didn't even recognize your house! It looks so awesome. You have good taste. I hope everything is going well for you!